The VNA-0460 is a full bi-directional 2-port Vector Network Analyzer that is controlled from a PC through a USB connection. The included software provides full control over the measurements, settings, data storage and reporting.
This VNA is ideal for measuring all kinds of micro-circuits like antennas, attenuators, amplifiers etc. Its frequency range includes most popular telecom bands like GSM-GPRS-LTE, Wifi, DECT, GPS, ISM, Zigbee, Bluetooth.
The VNA Software has an integrated Match Circuit Calculator that Calculates a match circuit from the measurement and simulates this circuit in real time. With its small size it can also be used near the antenna inside a large device or installation. It's also ideal for on-site measurements.
1. Presets: With several preset measurements for 1-port and 2-port measurements the VNA software is very easy to use for most common measurements like impedance and gain.
2. Calibration: Measurements on SMA devices can be done directly at the VNA ports without any calibration. For measurements through cables and adapters the software guides through the Open-Short-Load-Through calibration process and the VNA front panel will indicate which termination to calibrate next. The Dual Calkit option makes calibration 3 times faster.
3. Screen: The screen was layed out for operation with a touch screen. The graphs can be dragged in any way with any of the graph types for the measurement. There are several color schemes.
4. Sweeps: The software provides a sweep manager that allows combining multiple paramaters (frequency, power, bias variables) into a parametric sweep. This is useful for characterizing active circuits like amplifiers, switches, varactors, pin diodes etc.
5. Session Manager: Measurements can be stored in a session manager that keeps the measurements for a session in a single file. All settings including calibration, screen layout, markers etc are stored in the session.
6. API: An Application Programming Interface for VB, C++, C#, Labview, etc is available to allow integration of the VNA-0460 in a lab setup or an automated factory testing system.
A powerful feature is the built-in match circuit calculator. When a circuit (antenna) is measured the user can click at the appropriate frequency in the Smith chart and the match calculator will propose several circuits that matches that frequency to 50 Ohm, or an other impedance. It also shows the resulting bandwidth and allows fine tuning of the components to optimize the result.
When a match is selected the result will show in the measurement and the match is simulated in real-time during further measurements.
With proper calibration of the measurement the results of the matching circuit are well duplicated on the target board.
17-FF, Pocket 2, Sector 24
Rohini, New Delhi - 110085 India
# 9810400671 / Pranay@ambitec.org
# 9911223020 / Rahul@ambitec.org